Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Update#30 : Planets Are Not Like Stars

This is just a little post about me complaining. I'm complaining about how hard it is to decide how I want planets to be formed. I have a relation-idea so far between planet size and distance from sun/other planets... but that's it, just an idea, and it's not even complete.

And, that's all only applicable to completely-random solar systems. I also need to make up solar systems that artificially have a naturally 'habitable' world to act as a homeworld for starting players; most planets - same as in nature - will not be naturally habitable, and thus not suitable as a homeworld... Thus I need to forcibly increase the odds of a habitable homeworld forming in some systems, to make sure that new players have some place where they can start!

I'm really curious... how many naturally-occuring habitable worlds will there be? I'll honestly be surprized if it's any higher than of 0.001% of all planets, but I guess we'll find out.

... Actually, I think I need to find out, because it will also affect how many habitable worlds are artificially injected into the galaxy!

And I just remembered how the properties of the star will be a key in the build of the planets, so...
> Unfortunately I have another constraint to abide by.
> Fortunately I have another source/key of information to make choices with.

Revealed : Since the stars and solar systems of UNIVERSE will be somewhat modeled on existing known atronomical bodies and physics... if you learn about those kids of things, you might have better luck when searching the stars for particular worlds and resources. Still random though, so no promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment