Sunday, August 26, 2012

Update#29 : Engines Firing

I keep telling myself that with the Region Map 'finished' I can move on to other things, but I keep thinking up ways to improve it!

I'm glad to have let myself go with that, because I always felt like there was something wrong with the long wait time for updating the map when there's a lot of stars...

Today I found and fixed a mistake that I thought I had taken care of in the beginning, but nope! So now I really did fix it and resulted in a drastic improvement in the draw speed of the map when there are a lot of stars. With this change and improvement, the Render Controls that were recently added now provide a meaningful effect on the draw speed, and I now formally recommend the 'Automatic' setting.

This improvement makes me happy, and I think this actually might be my last distraction from moving forward with other areas of game development.

No comments:

Post a Comment