Friday, August 10, 2012

Update#23 : Milestones

Yesterday was my birthday. Today I have the new map behaving the way I want it to, without too many hiccups. I'm discovering new things that will make the mapping system more powerful and secure, but also require a bit more back-end work than I expected (boo). But in the end it will all be great... I know I keep saying that and not showing anything. Oh, and I also fixed the UNIVERSE home page; it had a link to this web page, which was broken  >_<

The last few days have been pretty exciting for me, both personally and UNIVERSEally. The next few days should be even more fun \o/ including...

1) The Perseid Meteor Shower is peaking over the next few days, so it's a good weekend to head out to a dark area away from city lights and watch the skies for a while. Hope for clear skies!
2) This weekend will also see a semi-open beta for CCP's upcoming DUST514, a FPS which is both standalone AND a complementary game for EVE Online which is a fantastic space Strategy/RPG.


I also feel like... by the end of next weekend, I might have the Starmap sufficiently finished to showcase it, or even import it to the main game! But that could be too optimistic; there's one big block of back-end code that I need to write to make it happen. It shouldn't be too bad...


Revealed : The coordinate system is a bit complicated! But don't worry, you won't have to deal with it too directly. There will be bookmarking and addressing systems that will allow you to avoid dealing with complex coordinates. You will be given the option to deal with direct coordinates too, so that once you get comfortable with them you can use them to open some new strategic possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment