Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Update#24 : Tangent-Chain-Discoveries

While on a tangent with game design, I learned a few more theories and things about how various celestial bodies form, giving me ideas on how I can add a bit more to the game while also making it easier to plan out related details.

Another tangent discovery/realization; while almost finishing the main coordinate-checking system, I realize that I really really need to know exactly how planets are going to be addressed and operated in the deeper system levels.

Fortunately, I should be too busy tomorrow, but I also can't be at my computer all day. I will use this unique block of time to sit with my binder and figure out all these pesky little details. Probably tomorrow night I can get it figured out and then finish. Hope!


Revealed : Designing static defense units will be the same as designing your ships. Because static defenses are static defenses, it will be impossible to match the eventual massing potential of allies who are grouping their fleets and working together. However, the lack of engines will give static defenses a much better value-cost ratio, while also making them easier to produce en masse. It will be up to you to decide how you spend your resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment