Monday, July 2, 2012

Update#12 : A Detour Through the Scenic Route

As I was starting on the path to building an early-prototype galaxy to start with mapping, it occured to me that I would want to add an admin tool for easily generating star clusters for this purpose.

My special admin tools - which I made soon after starting the project - were and will be useful... but also consider that they predate the completion of the mail system. At the time of their initial build, I felt that I could afford myself the liberty of having one loosely-developed page. The page that would only ever be seen and used by myself was allowed to be ugly, because that would make it easier to build.

Now, I have since grown in my proficiency and find that it seems messy both to look at and to add on to. I wanted to add my personal development tools and map, but didn't know how to comfirtably make them fit!

So, I'm building my server/admin tools again. I should be able to do it fairly quickly now, and the page will be much more flexible.  Anyway, I want to say sorry for the delay that this will cause, but - yet again - it is an investment to the future, which will be wonderful. I promise.

I think that, for fun, I will start mentioning little tidbids of what neato things will be part of the game in a little end-of-post section that I'll called 'Revealed' ... especially things that will set it apart from other games, but sometimes maybe not. Some of these things might have been mentioned previouslydue to my poor memory, and some things might be mentioned repeatedly, oops! Anyway, that's all for now~


Revealed : Player-designed space ships.

No comments:

Post a Comment