Thursday, July 5, 2012

Update#14 : The Sun is Setting...

... but it's not down yet.

I have the original/remade admin tools finished and a couple new ones added, but before the stars can start coming out I want to implement one more little back-end feature. Basically, I have these admin tools, and I want a record of what I do with them. If I screw up somehow, I want to know about it and what I did.

This will also serve as practise for other record-keeping functions that I will likely add in the future, such as keeping a history of purchases.  It's a big deal and not quite as simple as it sounds; I'll want to keep such records in a secondary database. Why? Suppose you make a donation of money to me or purchase in-game tokens with money, and then something happens that requires me to restore a previous backup from before your purchase. If the special records were in the same database, then your purchase is lost and I'd have to look through bank records or whatever to confirm your claim of "gimme what I paid for!"

That's just an example, but yeah, I think it's important enough to delay the mapping thing one more time.


Revealed : All of the playing and competitive features of UNIVERSE will be free! UNIVERSE will raise money by selling small token items and features that won't have any real effect in a player's ability to do well in the game. Details are being kept quiet for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment