Monday, February 25, 2013

Update#60 : Yeah NEXT STEP

I'm almost ready to toss those mud-caked shoes, but not quite yet. I'm finally satisfied with the generation of primary planets. The value ranges are acceptable, the density ranges are according to design, the resources are designated according to design... it's just all finally fine. What's next is finishing with the whole of the GENESIS Project* by adding moons and asteroids. I could move on since some usable planets are created, but most planets in my universe - just as the real universe - are what we would consider giants... and giants are exciting because of their many moons! Asteroid belts too! With their various asteroids and sneaky little dwarf planets pretending to be asteroids.

I've been hard at this for a few days, as you may have noticed it's taken a bit longer to finish than what I projected in my last post. Hopefully it won't be the same for moons&asteroids; again, projecting 1 week to finish, but can't make any promises. On the bright side, a lot of the work for those was already finished along with the main planets (like density and resources, which were surprizingly complicated!) so all I have to do is quickly figure out how the moons and asteroids will be scaled and placed; and unlike planet formation I will not be picky AT ALL about how big they are. Considering how big Earth's moon is compared to Earth, while most of the moons of the giants are small asteroids... moon size can be practically anything!


The night is close enough to over, so I'm going to relax for the rest of it. Good night!


*All of this world-building tool-making is a whole sub-project of the greater UNIVERSE Project, because it's taken about 3-4 times longer than expected to complete. Some of that time was my own fault and ineffectiveness, but the rest is just the usual things-aren't-going-as-expected project progress. Ultimately, I think it will end up being between 1/4 and 1/2 of the total project time taken, once it comes time for Open Beta. Thus, it is the GENESIS Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment