Monday, February 18, 2013

Update#59.5 : Challenge Failure

I did not complete the whole genesis process by the end of this weekend as planned. There was the density redesign, and now I've found a massively horrid bug in my main planet mass calculations... I'm seeing the old equation was actually producing values grossly larger than it should be, and the new one is making similarly under-sized mass values... neither one is working quite the way it's supposed to!

Strangest parts about it are... the new equation is so simple that I can't understand how there's anything wrong at all, and the old one showed to be working according to the right 'pattern' which is one of the reasons why I never questioned it. WEIRDNESS.

I will keep working hard tonight and tomorrow to get to the bottom of this and fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment