Thursday, February 14, 2013

Update#59.3 : Digging Deeper

After doing a little research to remind me of a few things, along with a lot more experimentation, I've made a good lot of progress, but there's still a bit more to do that I wasn't expecting.

The main primary-planet formation process that I've been working on, I'm pretty much calling it done ... but then I found/realized/remembered that I need to make a secondary but simple planet formation pattern. It will not take nearly as long to develop, probably just a day or two, really.

Basically, the two patterns:
1) similar to our solar system, small rocky inner planets and larger outer giants
2) giant inner planets...

#2 is a common planet system formation that's been discovered; there may be smaller rocky outer planets in such systems, but current instrumentation and measurments have not been able to detect them. Will UNIVERSE have them? I don't know yet but probably not. Don't worry about resulting planet populations, this 'loss of planets' should be offset by the fact that most or all giant planets will have a population of moons which are just about as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment