Saturday, February 23, 2013

Update#59.8 : Out of the Muck (ALMOST)

Just as I finished muddling with equations and getting sample solar systems, making the backup of that and then heading here to make an excited update about it... it suddenly hits me that my planet formation scheme - while giving nearly perfect results for a star which is approximately like our sun - will not scale properly, and will actually produce exponentially larger/smaller planets as the stars change in size mass when actually they should have a linear relation to the star's mass.

I almost made my friday deadline for this, but I forgot a detail. Also, I had some RL stuff to do away from the computer.

I'll probably be busy tomorrow, but the day after will be dedicated to fixing this one last little thing. All of the hard stuff is finished, and I know already a couple ways to fix this little processing oversight; it's just a matter of figuring out which will be best/easiest and applying it. Once it's done, I'll probably get away with 1 day fixing resource allocation scheme (because planets should never have negaive values for resources, oops!), and then I'll need up to a week to finally make moons and asteroids.


I'm looking into getting some things done to improve my design center/web server machine here (mainly a reformat) to improve machine efficiency and therefore my working efficiency, since I need to reload browser pages often and it's a bit slow on that task. Also, I may or may not acquire a spare computer from a nice friend of mine, which would then allow me to have a dedicated web server machine.

I think I can see, realistically, a bit of test-level gameplay starting in about 1 month.

No comments:

Post a Comment