Monday, February 18, 2013

Update#59.6 : Oh Bother..

I found the center of my main issue is in the one place that I didn't want to have any issues ever again... the Type1 (aka original) mass band equations. Now that I'm looking at them more closely, they seem to be producing strange values that don't make much sense to me.... and yet I've been able to use them to make planets as they were designed for so it seemed like they were working perfectly fine... ?!

Figures... The day that I planned to have fully finished all of planet formation, I have to take a trip back to where it began... At least it's not going to be a total rebuild; the logic is all fine, I just need to fix some magnitudes and re-tweak some things accordingly.


Revealed : The mass of planets and stars in UNIVERSE is actually directly related to real masses in the universe. Resources will probably be in units of metric tonnes. Planetoids are all measured in PMU (Planetary Mass Units) which is approximately 1PMU = 3x10^18 kg. The unit of mass for stars is Jupiters, which doesn't sound very scientific but it's actally a very practical unit.

The lowest theoretical mass for a hydrogen-fusing star (and a dim red dwarf) is around 75 Jupiters. Our Sun's mass is approximately 1000 Jupiters. Large stars which are measured in 'solar masses' for convenience can then easily be converted to 1000's of Jupiters.

No comments:

Post a Comment