Sunday, June 17, 2012

Update#8 : Another Block Down, Ninety-Seven Or So To Go

As is often the case, it's 5am when I'm finishing something and writing this update.

Today's accomplishment is finishing all the base coordinate-handling functions that I need.  Alot ended up changing as I went along. I thought I had it all ironed out before but, well, WRONG. That's okay though, because all these time sinks are learning experiences!  I now have a lean set of tools that I can rely on when I start dealing with spatial objects, which should be soon.

What I don't have finished yet (regarding strictly coordinate-handling abilities) is the full coordinate validator; that one will be a bit of a moonster and will take a full day (maybe two) to complete from start to finish. That won't be an issue until later though, so it can wait for now.

Now a really exciting period starts as I am about to finally set in stone the properties of stars and planets and other such entities, which is half a step away from actually creating and mapping the stars&planets.

The bad news is, it seems that I'm behind my schedule again, by a lot. I'll try to keep pushing forward and see how it goes. If I can start catching up (or at least stop falling further behind) then I'll just adjust my schedule and go back to being on-schedule. If I keep faling behind, I'll change my style from 'keeping on schedule' to 'following the roadmap'  ^^;

*looks out the window*  Hm, a red dawn... blood has been shed this night.


That's all for now. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment