Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Update#0.1 : Mostly Then

 The following is the contents of the text-file-journal that I was using prior to 'Blogger' ... I've pasted it here and replaced the link to that file with a link to this 'blog' site.... I hate the word blog!


 

12.06.02
 The website's mail system is well under-way now! The 'Message Center' is now mostly finished, and I'm currently working on the actually message-read/reply page. It will be a pop-up window. The game will have numerous pop-up windows, large and small, functional and informative.(THERE WILL NEVER BE A POP-UP AD because everybody hates them!) This should make it easy to sort through your mail and find the most important things.

I would also like to note the following about UNIVERSE's mail system: Mail will be kept for 7 days, after which it will be MOVED to an archive section where it will be stored. It will still be accessible, it just won't come up every time you go to check on new messages. There will be a link in the Message Center to go to the Archives.  However, I won't add the Archive feature until later when the message system starts to see some serious use.



12.05.22
 Woo! Fireworks! Victoria Day is finished! And with it, I finished assembling the form for the universal (no pun intended) page headers, where a player will find a link to all of the major pages! I have to say, I'm feeling good about it; much better than in the previous build! I hope everyone else likes it as much as I do :) Now I'm finally putting a start to the universal page format as well, and I think I might even be done already! It will be quite easy for me to build the core of most pages now. Having only realized now that I do have the core outline made, I think I'll finalize it into a template that I can use once I finish this journal entry. Thank you journal for your contribution to progress! XD



12.05.19
 I've been a bit negligent about posting news; partly because I procrastinate, and partly because I was lazy and didn't feel like writing in HTML format! Ah, sorry... Anyway! Diablo3 is finally out, also causing some delay in the progress. TOTALLY WORTH IT, maybe. Anyway, I have the core login function working, and now I'm starting on a proper page format that I can use across the whole website. I'm having a hard time deciding on the format for the page head (where all the nice game-control links go!) but I think I'm centering in on one that I like. Maybe I can eventually make a few layout options and you pick your favourite? Either way, I'm going to make it like the rest of the website; flexible! So that I can easily make it grow along with the rest of the game.



12.04.30
 Okay it just happens that I'm taking a trip with some friends to their cottage for a few days... but don't worry! I'm still committed. I almost didn't go, for teh sake of the project! But I realized, I need to do a lot of work on paper still to figure out some of the details on how the game will work, so I'll still be working on it while I'm there!



12.04.29
 Here we go starting again on the UNIVERSE project! This time we'll see it through and get it done! Serious! I know I can do it and with a little help it'll be the best game out of all the text-based MMORTSG's!

No comments:

Post a Comment