Friday, January 25, 2013

Update#55 : Coughing, Sneezing, Everything

I WAS going to have all the coding done for the generation of whole solar systems. Enough to move on to start designing players assets... but it seems that the greater powers are really set to stress my resolve and budget. I have been stricken with a powerful cold these past few days, and don't know when it will let up. Basically, I'm being set back by another week. Why do I seem to get set back by whole weeks?

Also, I've currently decided that there will not be any upkeep cost for the 'volatiles' resource for cities or anything else... if I change my mind on that, it's because I'll have changed my mind on whether ships have limited or unlimited ammunition, food, fuel... and basically logistics would become a huge factor.

IF my mind ever changed on that, it would be after watching the beta play for a while and seeing the big forces steamroll too easily and often over the smaller empires, and needing something to keep them in check. I'm currently hoping that the upkeep system I have planned will do well enough of that.

2 comments:

  1. If you have a Game called Sins Of A solar Empire it has a good system for upkeep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of the game but haven't tried it yet, I'd like to though it looks fun.

      Delete