Monday, January 14, 2013

Update#52 : Planets, on a roll!

It's a bit more chilly than I'd like to be for programming, but it's fine. I'll just throw on a little blanket or sweater and light a candle!

First I want to mention that I'm not 100% decided yet whether I want asteroids to host a base like other planets/moons, or, not have anything built upon them and instead having them mined by ships. It's annoying because I like both ideas but probably won't feel like implementing both! I'm probably just silly...

Moving on to the main topic, I do believe that I'm on schedule for having planetary formation finished by the end of the week! Here's a few things of what planets will have,
- definite mass and size and shape (sphere!)
- orbit distance and speed around the star
- 3 material resources, 1-2 energy resources
- rotation period
- habitability level

Habitability level will be 3 categories:
Habitable - Can support life and thus colonies relatively easily.
Semihabitable - Hardened settlements can be built that will survive the environment.
Uninhabitable - Impossible to build a settlement that will be safe to inhabit.

Habitability may change, however, such that planetary qualities are taken into account, and technological advancement may permit you to colonize worlds that were previously uninhabitable.

Revealed: That stuff I just mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment