Sunday, January 20, 2013

Update#54 : Concepts, Completion

To the extent of my imagination thus far, I've now completely planned out the design of planets, moons and asteroids. Next up is the implementation, but that will be relatively easy.

With the real universe as a base model, I've set orbiting bodies in my UNIVERSE to move 4x faster than their equivalent would in reality; just so we can appreciate the motion of slower-moving bodies. I might slow this down to 'real' speeds if some objects seem to be orbiting too quickly... it's an interesting universe out there that I've modeled after, and some things orbit really really fast! I haven't gotten to simulate yet what I'll end up with...

An extra little hope that I have with this game, will be to induce some new interest in astronomy with people who play the game. The other games tend to ignore how varied and interesting the universe out there can be... even with this I'm limiting how much variation I have, just for the sake of getting the game assembled and viewable within a 'reasonable' timeframe; if I went for any more detail, I would have to drop the game idea for a while and just make an astrophysics simulator!

I might start implementation tonight or tomorrow, I'm not sure which. I had a big buffet lunch with my grandpa for his 85th birthday, and I'm just... it's mid-afternoon and it's bed time, and I don't know if it will sto being bedtime at all today XD

No comments:

Post a Comment