Sunday, September 2, 2012

Update#32 : Trimmed the Fat

O busy life! Busy busy life!

Aside from getting supremely busy with all the stuff going on about me, I've managed to trim one of my function libraries... I'd spent a long time making some powerful tools there. Many of those functions and tools were ultimately much less efficient than I wanted them to be, and others were simply unnecessary. I moved these parts into another file, making the 'common' library much more memory-friendly.

The 'powerful' tools came at the cost of being big... and I decided that I didn't want the system to load and prepare several huge pieces of code when I only needed one or two little pieces.

Overall, it's one of those things that's better done sooner than later.


I'm hoping that tomorrow I won't get bogged down with living too much, and can take care of rebuilding/tweaking the star generation system... that should be the last thing between me and my planet generation.


Revealed : One of the things that I want to add to the game some day are nebulas. The problem is, they can be so large in reality, that I haven't decided yet whether or how I can actually add them to the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment