Sunday, September 9, 2012

Update#36 : Quick Little Fix

As a planet's design is partly related to the star it orbits, I had to do some checking up on the numbers for stars... and I found that I had made a terrible little error with some math in the region map. You will see that stars in the region map vary significantly in brightness now. This is due to the difference in size; bigger stars appear brighter. I had intended this already but with a little mistake the difference was insignificant; now, it is significant.

I still have an annoying little bug to find and fix eventually, but it's minor and it can wait for now.

Also, I've finally narrowed down on how I'll get planets generated. I need to do a bit more math on paper, but the target is in sight. Pew pew!

That's all for this little update, and now I sleep, because sleep is necessary for good brainworkings.

No comments:

Post a Comment