Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Update#69 : Antiawesome Discoveries

Sooo among other things, I decided that it was time to really test my database backup/restore system and make sure that I can actually recover from corrupted and/or lost data.

I'm not going to go into detail, but suffice to say it did not turn out well. Now I am experiencing the joys of repairing(?) a severely damaged(?) database. I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do, and I'm not looking forward to it, but I guess it's an important lesson that's best learned sooner than later.

Ironically, this happens right in the middle of me developing my 'Armageddon Engine' which is the system I'll be using as developer/administrator to safely destroy objects such as stars, planets, and players ... and yet it had nothing to do with this database situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment