Friday, December 14, 2012

Update#46 : Definition

I have all my new equations fully refined and set, and I promise this will be the last time that I touch them ... excluding the event that I find I've made a mistake in any of them. I say that specifically because I've found a couple errors in current and past equations already (and, I believe, have fixed them all) ...

Also, this last set of equations I had a little more fun with than usual. I hold to the belief that handwriting is the best way to solve equations (not including the number-crunching part) and so I have my binder with sheets of paper and write out my equations in pencil. The last set, however, I wrote without the tv on, or music, or computer aid, or even lights... by the light of four candles, I derived my equations carefully, including factoring and compressing my terms all in two steps. I mathed this night like I haven't mathed in a long time; and doing it in quiet by candle light, I felt like a classic mathematician. I know I'm quite the nerd, but I can't help it, I had a lot of fun with this and I hope I'll get to do it again some time. I think that should be fairly easy, actually; I might not be doing math specifically but I do a lot of brainstorming and writing it into my binder...! Looking forward to it!

Now, though, it's about time to sleep again. It seems I might have a busy day tomorrow [outside and excluding programming] but we'll see.


Lately I've been putting together plans for a more advanced map interface; it will be pretty similar to the current one but a little more intuitive for interaction and control... Actually it will be essentially the same, except simply better, the deal is that I'd build the new one from scratch. It shouldn't be too bad though, since I've done it once and I'll probably copy-and-paste a lot... details are secret for now, just trust me it'll be awesome! But I'll definitely finish the planetary formation stuff completely before I start into the new map styles. With the planets finished, I'll actually have 4 map types to set up:
1) Star Region : your local stellar neighbourhood
2) Solar System : an overview of the selected solar system
3) Planet Syetem : an overview of the selected planet (planet name, its moons, nearby fleets)
4) Planetoid View : all of the details about a specific planet/moon/asteroid, such as type and resources


That's enough babbling for now, it's bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment