Sunday, December 2, 2012

Update#41 : Solution Today, Construction Tomorrow

I'm pretty happy now with my equations, now they just need a little but of tuning and then I'll be assembling some code to put them to work. Actually, this is a bit of re-tuning because I found that the scale they were producing before wasn't nearly big enough to properly represent real solar systems, in my opinion.

Make no mistake, space is big. Space is REALLY big.

With this math hurdle finished, I expect to get into the good stuff of planet-building tomorrow. Excited!

 If I work hard and get reeeeeally lucky, we might have something to start test-playing by the end of the year! Hopefully not too much distraction will come up between now and then.

Also, I might be able to get a dedicated web host in the near future, which might make the test site more responsive.

 It's going to be a good winter =D

2 comments:

  1. Can the game be played from a molibe decivies and will it be in 3D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The game is essentially be text-based but have 3D spatial system. Battles will be calculated automatically. The maps will display and operate in 3D.

      Any system that supports HTML5 and JavaScript should be able to play the game; so it should work fine on all major browsers and modern mobile web browsers. However, for mobile devices, they will need a cursor to click and drag to operate the maps.

      On that note, the maps are more of a cool visual aid than a necessity.

      Delete