Saturday, May 11, 2013

Update#74 : Decisions & Delays

Just a week late; not too bad, right? Sorry. Needed the extra time for myself to get other things taken care of.

I felt like announcing a minor but-major-in-the-long-run decision that I made today. I almost feel bad about it because it counters a decision that I made a few months ago that I even announced here. I've decided that - due to the nature of the resource and the abundance of it - volatiles will be an upkeep resource for some things; maintaining large populations (cities) at least will cost an upkeep for volatiles, to represent the production & consumption of food and and other chemical substances.

As mentioned, this resource will be highly abundant throughout the UNIVERSE, so it shouldn't be a big deal. It just seems appropriate that these resources should be actively and constantly consumed at least a little, since that's just a fact of life.

It will also make sure that there is actually a practical value for the resource (especially for market trading) instead of an over-abundance everywhere; which could still happen. We won't really find out until the game starts!  Yeah yeah I'm working on it..

No comments:

Post a Comment