Friday, September 4, 2015

Update#91 : Currency Events

Currency Stuffs (more)

Just because Paypal makes it so easy, I've decided that UNIVERSE - when set up - will initially accept 6 currencies for the purchase of STAR:

- Euro
- US Dollar
- British Pound
- Russian Rouble
- Canadian Dollar
- Australian Dollar

I'm sure I'll have to adjust prices a bit once in a while but they would probably remain fairly stable, so people who use any of these as their preferred currency for online purchases will be able to use them and not be surprized by conversion rates! Depending on how popular the options are I could expand the options to include more currencies, because - like I said at the start - Paypal makes it so easy!

In the game, STAR could be spent on account perks and investments as its main purpose ... However, realizing that STAR represents real money which has been paid into The UNIVERSE Project it could go beyond in-game functions and potentially extend to other things. Other things could include items like merchandise or project donations or charity donations, or anything else like that once they became options.  Why not? If I can make it work, I will!



Current Events (other)

My main development machine has been sorely infected with (apparently) various maladies which has hampered serious website construction for a long time. Right now that is finally being dealt with and next week I'll finally have it back and in good working condition, which will enable me to really get back to work building the website and not just doing theory and design. I'll admit though I'm glad for the non-construction design time because I've been able to refine a lot of plans and ideas before they went too far and couldn't easily be changed later.

As for time, however, pretty much the same time that I'm getting my machine back I'll also be starting a new job that will take most of my time. I really need the money, though, so I guess it counts as a good thing. The credit card needs a bit of paying off, and I owe a smidge of moneys to friends and parents, and I'd like to buy a new computer for both gaming and construction/experimentation purposes.



Top of the To-Do List

Once I really do get back to the site construction, before I get back to adding new features there are a few things I want to take care of:
#1) I want to get comfortable with restoring the game from scratch out of a backup, so I'll probably do that a few times after I get the main computer reformatted and before I get on to other things.
#2) I want to get the in-game store for STAR finished and working perfectly.
#3) I will adjust the star-system generation procedures to distribute resources according to my new plan, and also add the new resources into the game.
#4) As the game will gradually move forward into a stage with more people helping with testing, and observation and testing of all kinds will be required - and surely the game will be broken some times - I want to create a script that I can use to rest & initialize the universe without manually repopulating tables in the database ... because resets will be needed many times I'm sure, and it would be good to have the system able to handle it semi-automatically without me shutting down the dev/test server for several days at a time while I break and refix everything.



These devlogs should also start getting more frequent as I have more noteworthy events to report on!

No comments:

Post a Comment